Braid O Rama: Latvian Braids and Variations with Ann Weaver
In this workshop, participants will learn how to work Latvian braids and multiple variations using the technique: braids with long floats, clumps of braids, multiple-color braids, dense layers of braids, and a twisted two-color cast-on. Students will leave the workshop with a host of techniques and inspiration for braiding!
Skills needed: Knitting, purling, knitting in the round on a circular needle, basic stranded knitting (knitting with two colors per round).
- Twisted two-color cast-on
- Braids!!! SO MANY BRAIDS!
- US Size 6 24-inch circular needle (not included)
- One stitch marker (included)
- Worsted-weight yarn in five colors, approximately 100 yards of each. You can mix and match different worsted-weight yarns if you like! (not included)
- A copy of the pattern Braid-o-Rama (available for purchase online through Ravelry for $5 - included)
Homework: None! Come with two colors of yarn wound, ready to knit, or arrive to class 15 to 30 minutes early to choose yarns and have them wound. I’ll be available for color consultations during this time!
Saturday July 29th from 10-1pm - $95