Double Knitting BOotcamp
Chart your own course, and join us for a 3-part intermediate knitting class teaching you to double knit a beautiful, reversible image you design yourself!
In this class, you will learn:
- How to chart images using paper and pencil, or find resources online
- How to choose the best pre-made charts for double knitting
- How to choose the best colors for your project
- Casting on for double knitting
- And, of course, the basic double knitting technique
You will have the choice of knitting one or all of these three patterns:
- Mug/bell jar cozy
I am Robin Hagen, the newest member of the Knit 1 team. I’ve been knitting since movies cost $3.50, and I love sharing my passion with other knitters of all levels and empowering their creativity. I have a background in adult education and have taught classes at DePaul University and the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. I am a charter member of the Fiber Foxes of North Mayfair. Stop in and say, “Hi!”. I look forward to meeting you!
Supplies: We'll be using scraps from the Knit 1 stash, and feel free to bring your own! Bring a variety of needles and we'll match your needles to the yarn you choose.
Sundays October 7, 14 & 21 4-6pm -$90